Creamy Chicken Pie
Preparation time: 15 to 30 minutes
The most delicious chicken pie you have ever tasted. One
piece is never enough.
- Olive Oil
- 1 kg chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup milk
- 1-2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 x 300g can corn kernels
- 6-8 bacon rashers
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 leek, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook chicken in oil and remove from the pan.
- Add oil, onion, leek and garlic and sauté.
- Add bacon, corn and mushrooms and fry until bacon is cooked.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Mix flour and water to form a paste.
- Add stock, milk and flour paste to the saucepan and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Line a round 20cm pie dish with the shortcrust pastry.
- Spoon in the chicken mixture and top with the puff pastry.
- Cut a small round air hole on top, press edges to seal and trim any excess pastry.
- Brush with the egg and bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden.